Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Direct Sales vs. Corporate America

I recently introduced my new business venture to a friend of mine.  To give you some context to his situation, he is an individual contributor working in Corporate America.  In other words, he has a boss, who has a boss, who has a boss, who has a boss.  Now I’m not sure how many layers of management there are from the c-suite to the front line in his company, but in most organizations I’ve seen, you have a President, Officers, VPs, Directors, Managers and the Front Line (or something to that degree).

His response to me of why he didn’t want to get involved was because he said “It seems like a pyramid.”  Pyramid, I thought to myself, that’s what you’re in!  Not sure if you work in a pyramid or not?  Take a look at the photo below.  Does that resemble your organization?  That’s what I thought!



A pyramid scheme is where individuals put money in without doing any work and expecting an increase in return.  Those are illegal!

Now I’m not sure why my friend said what he did, but either he isn’t educated about direct sales or he didn’t want to hurt my feelings for not partnering with me.  Either way, I’m OK with that.  If he got in and didn’t produce, neither of us wouldn’t get paid anyway. 

What I am not OK with is why Corporate America is looked at differently from Direct Sales.  In most standard jobs, if you produce, you get paid.  In my first blog post, Direct Sales - Insanity or Genius, I shared a PDF for download of an article that further explained how in 2010 the Direct Sales Industry produced $125 Billion in revenue and provided a business opportunity to 75 million people in 150 countries.

In Direct Sales, if you produce and/or your team produces you get paid.  If you produce alot, you get paid ...very well!  For example, at Enhance International, there are 3 ways to earn an income:

1.) when you sell products direct to your clients
2.) when your team purchases or sells products to their clients
3.) when you purchase products from yourself

All 3 methods are added together to create your total sales volume and you get paid a commission.  For me, that makes more sense than most corporate jobs!

Do you want to learn more about making a second income or starting a business?  Watch our video on the Enhance Business Overview.  Are you interested in learning more about the products available?  Look at the other tabs on this site for our initial products: ID Nutrition, In a Snap - Sleep and In a Snap - Energy.

Would you like more information?  If so, let’s connect!

Enhancing lives one person at a time,

John Vakidis

Cell - 972-786-6800